Offices in Leeds, Harrogate and London. Working with clients across the UK and overseas.
A Consilia Legal, we can prepare a Parenting Plan which is a written agreement between parents setting out how each parent will facilitate child care arrangements and how they will exercise parental responsibility following the breakdown of their relationship.
A Parenting Plan is a voluntary agreement that is put into place to set out how parents will co-parent following separation. The provisions included in a Parenting Plan vary depending on the circumstances of each family.
The following are some of the provisions that can be included within a Parenting Plan:
- When each parent will have contact with the children and when handovers will take place;
- Where handovers of the children will take place i.e. the parties’ homes or public places;
- Arrangements for term-time and school holidays;
- How parents shall communicate with each other;
- Details regarding the children’s healthcare, daily routine, and extra-curricular activities;
- How expenses concerning the children, such as school uniforms, trips etc, will be shared between the parents.
As experienced solicitors and mediators, we see the benefits of having a clear Parenting Plan in place and how parents and ultimately the child or children benefit from this.
From our experience some of the benefits of a Parenting Plan to parents are that:
- It will help everyone involved know what is expected of them;
- It acts as a valuable reference to go back to;
- It provides stability and certainty for the parents and children;
- It sets out practical decisions about the children, such as living arrangements, education and health care; and
- It promotes an amicable relationship between parents as they are able to agree on agreements for the children.
A Parenting Plan ensures that the child’s best interests are put first and ensures a shared commitment between the parents toward their children.
Cafcass who are a support service in family court cases have devised a useful page containing information about Parenting Plans.
Free Initial Discussion
At Consilia Legal, our Family Law team are highly experienced in dealing with all family matters, including Parenting Plans. If you would like to have a confidential free initial discussion surrounding this family law matter please contact our family law team on 0113 322 9222 or email@example.com
Read Our 5 Star Reviews
I can’t speak more highly of them.
Made everything more clear with extremely helpful advice.
Sensitive & Efficient
Many thanks to Laura and Kieran for the sensitive, and efficient way they dealt with my legal matter. Helping to make what was a very emotional time bearable, I can highly recommend the team at Consilia Legal.
Laura was exceptional. Having consulted with other firms on the matter, Laura was the only one that truly understood the different elements of the case and knew exactly how to handle it. She was able to daft in the correct barrister for the job and took a great weight off my shoulders. I really cant thank Laura and the team enough.
Laura and the team have been an incredible help in my divorce. Through a very difficult time they have always been on hand to offer exceptional advice and assistance. I have always felt reassured by their professionalism and care. Thank You
Thanks Laura and team at Consilia Legal. Great service and such a pragmatic and human approach to the legal system. Fitted really well with my personal values. Truly aimed at being conciliatory rather than adversarial
Excellent service from Laura Clapton guiding me through a difficult divorce process. Super efficient, professional and carries out the work with understanding and compassion for your situation. Would highly recommend and have already recommended.