Divorce/Civil Partnership Dissolution
At Consilia Legal, we have a team of specialist family and divorce solicitors who are experts in the field of divorce and separation.
We understand the difficulties that a relationship breakdown can cause. Our aim is to work with you to achieve the best outcome for you and your family in the most pragmatic and cost effective manner.
There is only one ground for divorce / civil partnership dissolution which is that your marriage or civil partnership has irretrievably broken down.
In order to establish irretrievable breakdown you have to prove one of the following 5 facts:-
- your spouse has committed adultery and you find it intolerable to live with them (Divorce only);
- your spouse/civil partner has behaved in such a way that you cannot reasonably be expected to live with them;
- You have been separated for a period of two years and you each consent to a divorce/dissolution;
- You have been separated for a period of five years or more.
The divorce/dissolution process is a paper based procedure and you should not need to attend at Court unless the process is defended by your spouse or civil partner or there are issues as to whom should bear the costs of the divorce.
The process tends to take an average of 6 months for undefended divorce proceedings depending upon how quickly the other party responds and the speed at which the Court deals with the paperwork.
The act of getting divorced/dissolving a civil partnership however does not deal with financial or children related issues and specialist advice is needed to ensure that you are fully informed as to your legal rights and obligations. See our pages on Finances & Children.
We offer fixed fees for representing you in divorce/dissolution proceedings - Our Fees.
As experienced family law solicitors we can advise and guide you through the process to help you achieve the best possible outcome in the manner most appropriate for your situation.
We understand that you will want to have an initial conversation with one of our family experts to see how we can help you. This is why we offer a free consultation to assess your needs and to see how we can assist.
For a no obligation, free initial consultation please call us on 0113 322 9222 or email email@example.com and request a call back.
Who we are
Our highly experienced family solicitors work with you in the best way for you. As accredited mediators, collaborative lawyers and experienced litigators we can assist you by whatever method is needed for your situation. We know that every family situation is different and we pride ourselves in finding creative solutions which best work for you and your children. MEET THE TEAM
How we can help
Our experienced family & divorce solicitors can advise, guide and assist you in all aspects of private family law including:-
· Finances associated with your marriage through for example, voluntary negotiations, mediation, collaborative law or court proceedings;
· Children Act proceedings under the Child Arrangement Programme;
· Schedule 1 Children Act applications;
· Pre and post nuptial agreements/ Pre and post civil partnership agreements;
· Deeds of separation and Consent Orders;
· TOLATA cases e.g. cohabitee disputes.
· Cohabitation contracts/Living together agreements
For more information or to arrange a consultation please contact us on 0113 322 9222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our head office is in Leeds City Centre and we also have offices in North Yorkshire, Harrogate. See Contact Us page for full details.
We represent clients all over the country as well as expats living overseas. If you would like to find out if we can help you, please contact us on 0113 322 9222.
Read our recent Family Law blogs:
Our Other Services